CAST UDL
I chose the Rocks and Their Properties: Day 1 lesson off of the CAST UDL Lesson Builder website to observe and make connections as to how they are implementing UDL. Within this lesson, the teacher addresses different learning styles that their students may use. For instance, there are many visuals that are displayed, hands-on-activity, verbal discussion and presentation on the material. This lesson also provides the opportunity for different motivational options to ensure that all students are engaged in the topic. Students work in small groups throughout this lesson which allows the students to collaborate with other classmates to gain a deeper meaning of the material. By implementing all of these strategies into this lesson, students are able to gain a better understanding of the topic. Lesson Link
Very detailed, I like the idea of the different centers you have in place for your students over these three days. Such great way for the students to learn!
ReplyDeleteHi. This is Beverley Hanson. It's great how you incorporated art, research and a chart to record their findings.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you incorporated hands on learning. Between the centers, virtual field trip, and lab activity, the students had great ways to get engaged in the lessons. Very well thought out.
ReplyDeleteNice work - Very interesting lessons! I like how you broke down the modifications for John at the end of each lesson plan. I especially like the "high tech tool" of a speech to text application for him. I wonder if he would be able to use this technology in all his classes to allow him to just focus on the content and not the logistics of writing.
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie,
ReplyDeleteVery Good lesson plans. I had a hard time following because I don't see where you have the student profile posted on blog.
Also, I love, love how you put the text, graphics and video links at the end of the lesson plans. Making it easy for anyone to find or go back to.
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie, I love how you started every lesson with a student centered discussion. Students learn so much from each other and are very much influenced by their peers. Your centers seemed very engaging.
ReplyDeleteGreat job using the students foreknowledge and building from their. By having the blank sheet and writing the information down as students discuss what they know it helps them to retain the information so much more because they are engaged in the process.
ReplyDeleteI really like your discussion piece. It reminds me of the socratic seminar. I think its great that you have students regroup during discussions and discuss what they talked about with their other peers. They can learn so much from each other this way.
ReplyDeleteNice job, its very detailed and straightforward. The discussion piece is really good for students to discuss with their classmates.
ReplyDeleteI really like your accommodations. It must be difficult to have someone with so many challenges in the classroom, but it sounds like you do your best to make him comfortable.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your assignment, I agree that hands on learning is the best way for anyone to learn because they are gaining the best experience and are seeing it right in front of them.
ReplyDelete